The types of information we collect and hold
The types of information we may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) information about:
- clients, business associates and potential clients and their employees;
- suppliers and their employees; and
- prospective employees and contractors.
Personal information that we collect and hold may include:
- your name, address, contact telephone number and other contact details such as your email address;
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- other personal information required to provide our services in specific cases; and
- activity data and details of your use of our products or services.
You are not obliged to provide personal information to us. However, in many cases, if you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to supply the relevant product or service that you have requested from us.
You may provide to us, or we may process in cooperation with you or on your behalf, personal information about a third party. In these circumstances, you must ensure that:
If it is necessary to provide specific services to you, we may collect sensitive information about you. However, we will only collect sensitive information from you if you agree to provide it to us, you authorise us to obtain it from a third party or where the collection of the information is required or authorised by or under law, or a Court/Tribunal order or otherwise where the collection is not prohibited under relevant laws.
How personal information is collected and held by us
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- when you fill in and return to us a client form;
- when you submit personal information through our website or software (such as when you send us a message, fill out a preezie platform lead form or a website form);
- in person, for example, when you engage with our employees, agents, or customer service representatives; and
- in the course of providing services to you.
We store personal information in computer storage facilities. We take steps to protect your personal information against loss, unauthorised access, use modification or disclosure. Some examples of the steps we take to protect your personal information include:
- ensuring there are suitable password protection measures and access privileges in place to monitor and control access to our IT systems;
- imposing restrictions on physical access to paper files;
- requiring any third parties engaged by us to provide appropriate assurances to handle your personal information in a manner consistent with relevant laws;
- and taking reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information after we no longer need it for our business or to comply with the law.
We reserve the right to retain a copy of your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Data Protection Rights
You have the following rights:
- the right to request us for copies of your personal data.
- the right to request that we rectify any information you believe is inaccurate.
- the right to request that we erase your personal data, in certain circumstances.
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances.
- the right to object to our processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances.
- the right to request that transfer your personal data to another organization, in certain circumstances.
- the right to data portability.
Collection of personal information through website activity
Information that may identify you as a user may be gathered during your access to the Services through cookies and other means.
A cookie is a piece of data that allows the server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer.
Cookies assist us in identifying and understanding our users better so our Platform can provide the most personised customer experience.
Cookies will be allocated the first time you use our Services and may be updated upon subsequent uses. The cookies do not identify you as an individual in our data collection process.
Analytics and Anonymisation
Any information generated by Google Analytics will be transmitted and stored by Google. Where we are using Google Analytics, Google will use the information on behalf of us for the purposes of evaluating your use of our Services, compiling reports on activity for us, and providing us with other services relating to activity and internet usage. You may refuse the use of these cookies via the settings in your browser as explained above. You can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl+en
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for a variety of business purposes including:
- to provide the products or services you have requested from us;
- to process payments;
- to improve our business, products and the Services, or the business, products and Services of our clients;
- to promote our business or our client’s business to you;
- o market other preezie services or products to you;
- to handle and respond to your enquiries, complaints or concerns;
- to generate statistical data generated out of your and others use of the Platform and Services; and
Publicly available data
We may also process and make use of personal data that is publicly available and relevant to our Services.
When we collect publicly available information we may not have a way to ensure that personal data in such materials has been processed in accordance with applicable laws. However, if you notify us that your personal data contained in such materials is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of applicable data protection laws, we may delete it upon verification of your identity.
We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to:
notify you about the details of new services and products offered by us;
send you our newsletters and other marketing publications;
administer our databases for client service, marketing and financial accounting purposes; and
to comply with our legal requirements regarding the collection and retention of information concerning the products and services that we provide.
If you do not wish to disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing or you would like to opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications, you can do so by contacting the us using the contact details set out below, or by following the instructions to unsubscribe which are contained in a communication that you receive from us.
We may gather data and work with third parties to show you personalised ads on behalf of advertisers. This data comes from cookies, the personal information you provide, your use of the Services, and anything inferred from this data. We only share this information in a way that does not reveal your personal identity, to show you ads that may be of particular interest to you. We may also use such data on an anonymised aggregate basis to measure the use behaviour and demographics of users based. This information can be employed to group users based on their common attributes for use in targeted ad campaigns.
Third Party Service Providers
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to promote, market or improve the services that we provide, including:
- providers of customer relations management database services and marketing database services;
- marketing consultants, promotion companies and website hosts; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
We may also combine your information with information available from other sources, including the entities mentioned above, to help us provide better services to you.
Where we do share information with third parties, we require that there are contracts in place that only allow use and disclosure of personal information to provide the service and that protect your personal information. Otherwise, we will disclose personal information to others if you've given us permission, or if the disclosure relates to the main purpose for which we collected the information and you would reasonably expect us to do so.
Your personal information may be disclosed to entities located outside of your country, including but not limited to the United States, Australia, and Europe, for the purposes of providing the Services.
nextbuy customer information
Through nextbuy, you may be presented with a pop-up on your screen promoting specific retailers’ offers, promotions and discounts. You will be able to select one or multiple offers that you would like to receive by way of email, SMS, or another means of contact as available from time to time. To receive the offer, you are required to provide your personal information, including but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, or other contact information as requested from time to time.
By responding to the pop-up and submitting your personal information, you consent to this information being sold and/or shared on a commercial basis.
We may share your personal information with recipients who operate in the same or similar industries as those shown through nextbuy. This may include entities such as brand partners, affiliates, or other similar service providers.
How we handle requests to access your personal information
You have a right to request access to your personal information which we hold about you and to request its correction. You can make such a request by contacting us using the contact details set out in this policy.
We will respond to any such request for access as soon as reasonably practicable. Where access is to be given, we will provide you with a copy or details of your personal information in the manner requested by you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
We will not charge you a fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, we may charge you a reasonable fee for giving you access to your personal information.
In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to the information you have requested or only give you access to certain information. If we do this, we will provide you with a written statement setting out our reasons for refusal, except where it would be unreasonable to do so.
How we handle requests to correct your personal information
We will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant.
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, irrelevant, out of date or incomplete, you can ask us to update or correct it. To do so, please contact us using the contact details listed below.
How to contact us or make a complaint
Level 18, 15 William Street, Melbourne
1800 085 488
We will acknowledge and investigate any complaints about the way we manage personal information as soon as practicable. We will take reasonable steps to remedy any failure to comply with our privacy obligations.